Thursday, June 4, 2015

More Woodworking

Next project up is something I've been wanting to get done for a long time. I have a couple of very important paintings that my grandfather painted that needed to be professionally framed.  I didn't want to take them somewhere and leave them. So they waited. Until I saw these on Tim's Facebook:

And I knew I'd found the right person to frame these up properly. 

And the results:

This one, that hung in my Dad's office, now hangs in mine. And this one:

Now hanging over my mantle. 

I moved my favorite new art up to over the bed in the guest room:

Lots of woodworking progress!


This past weekend we left the farm in Andy and Karol's care and headed for Tim's house. The plan -- time to start working on the boat again. The next steps were dependent on proper (not freezing) temps, so here we are in the May/June temperate zone. We carefully pored over the next set of steps in the build manual and realized the next step was to flip the boat. Luckily with the application of the last bit of epoxy to the joints, it was stable enough for three people to flip. 

Next in the list, remove the wires
 and prepare for more epoxy. 

We are making progress!